Well, here I go again…off my beaten path with another recipe post! If you recall, I recently did a Blogger’s Best Chili Cook n Share, so when this one came up, I jumped at the chance to join with a group of my blogger friends for a Holiday Cookie Blog Hop so I could share this super yummy recipe for “Not for Santa, Seven Layer Cookie Bars”.
DON’T FORGET TO PIN FOR LATER!
When I was a kid my step mom made these every Christmas and for other special occasions. It was years after I moved out before I found a recipe for them…I went YEARS without having any 🙁 . Not any more!!
Let’s get baking!!
GATHER YOUR INGREDIENTS
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 5 tbs. melted butter
- 1 11 oz package butterscotch morsels
- 1 12 oz package semi-sweet chocolate morsels
- 1 7 oz package coconut flakes
- 1 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1 14 oz can sweetened condescend milk
PUT IT ALL TOGETHER
- Combine graham cracker crumbs and butter for the crust until it sticks together. If you need more butter go ahead and add it, you don’t want it it to crumble apart.
- Spread graham cracker evenly on the bottom of a 9×11 baking dish, press into baking dish to form the crust.
- Add sweetened condensed milk and spread evenly on top of the graham cracker crust.
- Layer butterscotch and chocolate morsels, then walnuts, then coconut on top of the condensed milk.
That’s seven right?
- Bake in the oven at 350 degrees for 25 minutes. The coconut should be lightly browned, but not necessarily all over.
- After baking, cool in the refrigerator overnight to allow the butterscotch and chocolate to set up so that you can cut it. If you can’t wait over night (I never can) cool in the freezer for 1 hour.
- Cut into bars (or squares) in any size you want( WARNING, THESE ARE VERY RICH TASTING), grab a big glass of milk and enjoy!!
- If you are not a coconut fan you can leave it off.
Why are these cookie bars not for Santa, you ask? Because he would stay and eat them all and never get all the presents delivered on Christmas Eve night!!
Don’t forget to visit all of my blogging friends that joined together to bring you this Holiday Cookie Blog Hop, head on over and check out all of their yummy holiday cookie recipes!!