EEEek!!! New Years is just 3 weeks away, where on earth did this year go?! While I know most of us are struggling to finish up Christmas preparations (me included) I thought I would share some tips on hosting a successful New Years party. Wether you are a seasoned party thrower or this your first time giving it a go, read on for my 4 tips for a rockin’ New Years Party.
This post contains affiliate links, you can read my full disclosure HERE
Tip #1 for a Successful New Years Party
Don’t fail to plan ahead. Even if you are just now deciding to host this event, make sure to do some quick planning to make sure it goes off without a hitch.
- Designate a time for the party.
- Decide on food and beverages.
- Plan activities (4 or 5 hours is a long time for people to stand around and just look at each other)
- Make sure you will have enough seating.
As the hostess there are a few things you should provide to make your party fun and enjoyable for all.
- Party hats
- Noise makers
- Confetti (if you don’t mind cleaning it up afterwards)
You can get these things at your local party store, but if you are just too busy to get there try ordering from Amazon instead. If you have Amazon Prime, your order will ship for free and you can get it in as little as two days.
Now that you have a plan, let’s move on to tip #2
Tip #2 for a Successful New Years Party
SET THE MOOD
- Provide activities for your guests.
- Have music playing.
- Make sure to have the television turned on for the official countdown to the new year.
Our friends like to play poker, so we are sure to have a poker table for them to play as many hands as they want. Other games you could have would be Cards Against Humanity, Jenga, or 5 Second Rule Unsensored.
I recently figured out how to download music from Prime Music and I plan on having music playing all night long (cue Lionel Ritchie). Prime music has tens of thousands of songs available for free download and imagine what it would sound like playing all through your house using Alexa on your very own Echo.
No New Years Eve party is complete without Dick Clark’s New Year’s Rockin Eve playing on the television waiting on the official countdown to the new year.
Tip #3 for a Successful New Years Party
DON’T TRY TO DO IT ALL YOURSELF
- Have your guests all bring a food item. This will keep from spending way too many hours in the kitchen and it will be easier on your pocket.
- Let everyone know you will provide water and pop, but that they will have to bring their own alcoholic beverages. Talk about a money saver! Plus, this way your guests are sure to have their favorite beverage.
- Don’t be afraid to have your spouse help set up tables and chairs and if you are brave…hang up any decorations you may be using.
Tip #4 for a Successful New Years Party
ENJOY YOUR PARTY
The party has started, everything is going as planned. Let yourself be part of the party, enjoy yourself. Cleanup can wait until tomorrow.
Make sure to plan ahead, set the mood, don’t try to do it all yourself and enjoy your party!
Are you throwing a New Years Party? Are you a seasoned party thrower or is this your first one? I would love to hear all about it and any tips you have for a successful New Years party in the comments below.